Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Twitter Adventure


I have to be honest, I really don't post on Twitter all that much. But the same can be said about Facebook. I usually keep up with my youth choir kids at the church, birthdays and such. I occasionally will post if I really have something to say, which oddly enough actually gets more attention than my wife's Facebook post. (Probably because she's post everyday) I also usually use it to post pictures, mostly of my son. I can see where it would have a great education benefit. Teachers can post outside of class and have the students respond back and create a discussion. Also, since most kids have Twitter on their phones now a days you can instant feedback. Another aspect I like is the fact that I can post links to articles, or websites, videos, etc. It's a great way for teachers to get to know their students.
Hash tagging is a completely different subject. I see so many people hash tagging on Twitter and Facebook that it's almost to the point of ridiculous. I completely understand the point of it, I just think somewhere along the lines somebody started using them when they did not completely understand their purpose. Check out this video of Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake's take on hash tagging. It's pretty funny


No comments:

Post a Comment